My Top 10 List for Books & Movies
Wow! This is a tough one, but I will do my best. It reminds me of a challenge I used to give my friends on Facebook:
Imagine that the world has changed and now, in our lifetime, we are only allowed to read one book and see one movie. Which book and movie would you choose for your children?
With the book, most would choose the Bible. Movies, however, were all over the place. Try it out on your friends and see how they respond.
Enough with the intro, let’s get down to it… David Maxwell’s Top 10 Book & Movie Picks!
Top 10 Must-Read Books
10. Angela’s Ashes and ‘Tis by Frank McCourt
9. The Foundation Series by Isaac Asimov
8. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J. R. R. Tolkien
7. Poor People by Dostoevsky
6. 1984 by George Orwell
5. As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
4. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
3. The Iliad & Odyssey by Homer
2. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
1. The Bible by God!
Top 10 Must-Watch Movies
10. Band of Brothers
2. Star Wars
You wanted my opinion and you got my opinion. Book and movie appreciation is very subjective, but there are my picks. If I were to have to answer my own Facebook challenge, I would choose the Bible and Life is Beautiful. Between those two, my children would learn all they needed to know!
Share your own picks in the comments. If I haven’t read the book or seen the movie, I’ll check it out.